Sunday, April 12, 2009

GOD gave his ONLY Begotten SON...

... Jesus came that I might have life,and have it more abundantly. ~John 10:10 NKJ

He came ...So that I could have pizza and carrot cake??? In a sense...Well, YES, I'd say so!

Clearly, I don't think that GOD intended for me to use his words in this example...but I think it applies here! This week was Holy Week. In essence, It commemorates the last week of the earthly life of Jesus Christ culminating his crucifixion on Good Friday and his resurrection on Easter Sunday.

For all intensive purposes, it was an exceptionally good week for me...
And as it pertains to our discussion regarding my obsession with food…
it was a manageable week of no regrets. That, my friends, is a good week!

What I mean by that is, that I did as I was supposed to do on most days of the week. I ate right, and got in a decent amount of activity. I probably could have done more, but I think I did enough to not see any plus signs on the scale this week.

Sunday happened to be exceptionally focused day. Got up and went for a walk around the neighborhood before sitting down to a breakfast of apple cinnamon oatmeal, a cup of freshly sliced strawberries and blueberries, a whole wheat english muffin, with a dab of mango-peach fruit spread, a cup of coffee and my Sunday paper. Working down my “to –do” list I inadvertently lost track of time. Realizing that it’s Easter Sunday…surely there is a nice café that is open for what should have been brunch, but is now almost dinner time at 4:00 pm…you think???

I get in my car and drive across town to discover a quaint little café, located near a golf course, and with an adorable, but decent sized outdoor patio, which would allow me to enjoy this fabulous Easter Sunday. After reviewing the menu choices and realizing that I have behaved decently all week… I opt for the single serving sized goat cheese, sun dried tomato & cilantro pizza…and pair it with a fabulous Cabernet Sauvignon! Not only is it a fabulous pairing…but John (my server) volunteers that for dessert… the “14 Karat Cake” with homemade cream cheese icing and a drizzle of caramel over the top... is to die for. They make it fresh daily…and today’s batch was exceptional. Well, I am not much for sweets usually, and will forgo them, lieu of a fabulous glass of noble nectar. But when John shares that they also have a pretty damn good port, that pairs fabulously with this luxurious treat … I am all in!

After my sweet extravagance…my fear was that I had blown an entire week of decent success for one afternoon of indulgence. Probably not what GOD had in mind when HE gave HIS only begotten Son… and I know HE is up there in heaven, just shaking HIS head at what HE'S created in his child here on earth. I know HE’S not surprised or even amazed…and probably thinks it’s pretty funny, but HE knows HIS child…and knows that HE created a “Foodie- Monster!”

Guess I’ll get up in the morning and do my best to work off the damage…or at least, I hope so!


Happy Easter~

No comments:

Post a Comment