Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Pleasure Principle


My college roommate, whom I haven’t seen in months, came to San Antonio for a weekend getaway. Weeks prior to her visit, we planned a long list of things to see and do, during her stay. And if you’ve every read anything about “must do’s” in San Antonio…a definite must has to include a visit to the Riverwalk.

Actually considered a park, this 2 & ½ mile river destination, is the center attraction for some of the most vibrant hotels, shops, restaurants, nightclubs and bars, San Antonio has to offer. We were certainly interested in the restaurants and bars…and it was decided that we were going to find out for ourselves…who had the best margarita on the Riverwalk!

10 hours and tons of margaritas later, I believe that we decided that Iron Cactus was our winner!

But then, Sunday morning arrived, and I felt awful! Not because of the obvious hang over I should have had, but didn’t. (I made sure we drank only top shelf!) Just 7 days ago, I made a commitment to LOVE MYSELF. A considerable part of that commitment was a pledge to make better food choices. Absolutely, at no time during my Saturday, did I honor that vow. Can you say… G U I L T???

I find myself in this predicament quite often…a place where pleasure overrides discipline and sensibility. I have come to realize that I am a “pleasure-seeker,”… and although I don’t think that this is a bad thing, I do need to find that balance where pleasure isn’t all consuming. Where is that place where my motivation automatically kicks in and overrides the pleasure principle? Truth be told, I’m not quite sure.

In my quest to bring my sexy back…I am going to have to discover that place. Looks like I’ve got a whole lot of work to do!


For the record... Anyone interested in viewing pictures from the weekend are welcomed to view at:



Enjoy!~

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the blog - you go girl. And I am so proud to be your first "follower". I am sure there are many more to come.
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete